A castle was first built in the Saxon manor of Esledes (later called Leeds) in 1119. Leeds Castle passed into royal hands in 1278 and over the course of 150 years it was held by six medieval queens. In Tudor times Henry VIII visited on his way to the 'Field of the Cloth of Gold'. Lady Baillie bought the castle in 1926. She invested over £100,000 into restoring the castle. At the end of her life she established the Leeds Castle Foundation, to which she bequeathed the castle and its surrounding park upon her death in 1974. Educational visits to Leeds Castle ensure your school group will learn that there is much more to Leeds Castle than history with self guided visits and fun packed itineries.
Your day at Leeds Castle can include:
- A visit inside the castle to discover over 900 years of history, including Tudor life and the 1920s.
- Free time for the children to discover the twists and turns of the Maze, the magical underground Grotto and the fabulous Knight's Realm Playground
- Falconry Displays - Come and see Leeds Castle's breathtaking new falconry display featuring birds of prey from five continents (displays exclude Tuesday and Thursday, seasonal timings apply).
- Self-guided Visit - £6.25 per pupil
- Bespoke Talks - £1.00 per pupil (minimum 20 pupils per group, maximum 40 pupils per group)
Adult : Child ratio
1:6 for KS1 FREE
1:10 for KS2 FREE
1:15 for KS3 FREE
1:15 for KS4 FREE
Additional adult/teacher £8.50
The above rates are available for Kent, Sussex, Essex and London schools.
Valid from 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2017
Book your package today:
To book your Leeds Castle tickets, please call: 01622 767865
For coach hire with The Kings Ferry to Leeds Castle, please call: 0845 257 9888