Enabling all our people to reach their full potential and to give their best as individuals and in teams. We shall behave towards each other with the same respect and dignity that we expect for ourselves.
Permanent & Casual PCV Driver Vacancies - Gillingham, Kent
We are currently recruiting experienced PCV Drivers with manual or automatic licences. You must hold a PCV licence, have good customer service skills and a good general knowledge of Kent and London.
The Kings Ferry provides all aspects of coach travel from day trips and tours to commuter services, VIP and corporate transport.
Successful candidates will be representing our brand and values when providing an excellent customer service at every point.
Your responsibilities as The Kings Ferry Coach Driver will include:
- A full manual or automatic PCV Licence
- A Digital Tachograph card
- A good communicator with excellent customer service skills
- General knowledge of the Kent and London network
- Professional manner
To apply please follow one of these links...
We are recruiting for PCV Engineers to join our team in Gillingham depot.
Positions are available on both our Day and Evening shifts and would suit individuals with an enthusiastic and flexible approach while working to deliver the highest standards.
Salary is negotiable according to shift, experience and background with opportunities to earn overtime on a weekend call rota paid at a premium rate.
The basic role includes the preparation of vehicles for MOT, routine safety inspections, diagnostic work, general repairs, servicing and parts replacement. The successful candidates will have the ability to work safely, efficiently and reliably to a high standard in a busy and variable workshop.
- To diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used within defined quality standards and within the most cost effective manner
- To carry out vehicle servicing in accordance with manufacturers specification
- Carry out routine vehicle inspections
- Record all work using paper based or electronic systems
- Prepare and present vehicles for MOT
- To ensure all parts are correctly ordered and booked out
- To attend on-road vehicle breakdowns
- To carry out vehicle road testing where required
Key Skills Required:
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2)
- Must be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment
- Must hold relevant experience of HGV/PCV engineering maintenance and repair
- Must hold a PCV licence or be capable of obtaining one
Benefits following qualifying period:
- Private health insurance
- Concessionary travel on National Express Coaches for you and your partner
- Automatic pension enrolment
- 3 years of mechanical engineering experience
- Educated to a GCSE standard
- Full driving license
Full time, permanent
£30,ooo per annum
To apply please
Business Development Team - Key Account Manager
An award winning provider of large scale travel solutions, The Kings Ferry Group, is looking to add a Key Account Manager to their successful Business Development Team in order to increase customer satisfaction and help drive revenue growth.
The Kings Ferry Group is rewriting the book on how companies arrange their ground transport requirements!Part of one of the world’s largest travel groups, National Express plc - the Key Account Manager will be responsible for managing client relationships across a portfolio of strategic accounts. Through an unwavering focus on delivering an exceptional service to each and every customer, you will ensure that you are well placed to maximise sales and revenue growth from every account in your portfolio. You will produce Strategic Account Plans & regular sales forecasts for all customers for whom you have responsibility.
Candidates with experience gained in the travel sector are of particular interest
This is an exciting multi-faceted role reporting to the Head of Business Development overseeing accounts from both our Kings Ferry and Clarkes of London businesses.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage a portfolio of key customer accounts; including TMC’s; corporate clients; large scale event transport; disaster & business continuity travel; emergency transport and flight delay & disruption transport
- Responsible for managing all aspects of service delivery
- Deliver annual growth targets for each account in portfolio
- Drive customer engagement and strengthen relationships by providing first class customer experiences
- Achieve personal KPIs and monthly sales targets
- Produce individual Customer Account Plans, sales forecasts & ad hoc sales analysis
- Proactively work with clients as their trusted, consultative business travel partner
- Extend company reach and brand presence internally within accounts
- Resolve any customer issues arising
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for account growth
- Communicate service updates & company developments to customers
- Promote and upsell additional services
- Take on new clients when they are passed over from the Business Development Team
- Create bespoke Mobilisation Plans for large scale or complex requirements as necessary. Work closely with internal Operations Team, Partner Operators and Onsite Staff to coordinate effective service delivery. Arrange and attend briefings as required
- Ensure the CRM system is kept up to date at all times
- Work with the BD Team to help create detailed tender submissions, excellent customer presentations and proposals
- Ensure BD Team are regularly updated on individual account status (spend v. forecast, forthcoming requirements, opportunities, challenges etc)
- Produce accurate and timely paperwork in line with customer and company requirements
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Experience in business development and strategic account management with proven ability to drive year on year growth
- Exceptional account management experience - likely to be a minimum of 5 years in a Sales or Account Management role
- Experience managing high spend accounts Experience selling to blue chip organisations
- Experience in consultative and solution based selling
- Experience in project management and delivery
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, hit targets, organise and prioritise responsibilities
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Logical & analytical - familiar working with sales data and how to interpret it
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to liaise with internal teams and external Partners to manage and deliver clients’ requirements
- High level of dynamism, drive, and energy - team player
- Ability to use CRM to maintain competitive information, share pipeline of opportunities and track results of customer targets
- Enthusiastic and ambitious individual with a flexible approach to work
- Confident, a ’can do’ attitude and strong belief in own ability to succeed
- Gravitas- is credible internally and when customer facing
- Challenges existing practices when necessary and offers ideas for improvements
- Resilient & determined
- Excellent influencing, listening and communication skills, strong negotiator
- Knowledge of the business travel industry
- Prepared to work flexible hours if needed in order to support service delivery
Competitive basic salary 25-30K DOE with attractive sales bonus
Attractive benefits package including; pension; private healthcare scheme
25 days holiday per annum; laptop and company mobile
To apply please